NEIGHBORHOOD ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (NAP) TAX CREDITS
Southeast Missouri Food Bank has Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP)
tax credits available. The NAP tax credits provide assistance to
community-based organizations that enables them to implement community
or neighborhood projects in the areas of community service, education,
crime prevention, job training and physical revitalization.
Donations of $1,000.00 and over may qualify for a 50% tax credit through the Missouri Department of Economic Development Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) Tax Credits. NAP tax credits allow certain donors to contribute to the Southeast Missouri Food Bank and receive 50% of their contribution back as a Missouri state tax credit. Those credits may be used for up to six (6) tax periods (including the donation year).
NAP Tax Credit General Information Page
NAP Tax Credit Application Form
To learn more about NAP tax credits please contact Kate
Struttman, Chief Development Officer at 573.471.1818, 1.855.703.FOOD
(3663) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISSOURI FOOD PANTRY TAX CREDITS
Southeast Missouri Food Bank has Missouri Food Pantry tax credits available. This program provides a tax credit to any Missouri taxpayer (individual, corporation or trust) that makes a financial donation to Southeast Missouri Food Bank's Truck to the Table Mobile Food Pantry or Good Neighbor Food Pantry. The taxpayer receives a tax credit of 50% of the gift (up to $2,500 per taxpayer per year).
The benefits to eligible donors are:
- Receive a charitable deduction (State)
- Reduce your Missouri State Income Taxes by as much as 50% of the amount of donation (depending on the amount)
- Benefit Southeast Missouri by supporting the Truck to the Table Mobile Food Pantry Program or the Good Neighbor Food Pantry.
How to Claim the Food Pantry Credit: To claim the Food Pantry Tax Credit, the claimant must attach the following to their Missouri tax return:
- A completed Miscellaneous Income Tax Credits Form (MO-TC).
- A completed Food Pantry Tax Credit Form (MO-FPT) or documentation from the food pantry which specifies the name of the food pantry, the dates and amounts of donations, and the name of the person making the donations. A separate MO-FPT or letter documenting the donations must be submitted for each food pantry to which donations were made.
Eligible Use of Food Pantry Tax Credit:
- The amount of the credit claimed may not exceed the amount of the claimant’s tax liability. If the credit exceeds the claimant’s tax liability, the excess amount may be carried forward three subsequent years.
- If the claimant reports donations used to calculate the Food Pantry Tax Credit as a charitable contribution on their federal Schedule A, the donation amount must be reported as a modification (addition) on Missouri Individual Income Tax Adjustments Form MO-A.
Anyone employing persons not authorized to work in the United States under federal law is not eligible for the credit.
Missouri Food Pantry Tax Credit Application
For more information on the Missouri Food Pantry Tax Credit, please contact the Missouri Department of Revenue, Taxation Division:
Telephone: 573-526-8733 (for individual and fiduciary tax) 573-751-4541 (for corporation income tax)