Southeast Missouri (SEMO) Food Bank is the Feeding America network food bank for southeast Missouri, serving more than 180 hunger-relief organizations across 16 Missouri counties. We are also a part of Feeding Missouri a coalition of six food banks serving the state. SEMO Food Bank reaches nearly 58,000 individuals each month with food assistance and distributes more than 8 million pounds of food annually. SMFB has earned the Better Business Bureau accreditation and follows their set of standards for charitable accountability. Our distribution facility in Sikeston Missouri has also received “superior” AIB International food safety certifications.
Founded in 1985, Southeast Missouri Food Bank’s basic purpose is to Reach More, Help More, Feed More. The simple statement serves as a visionary and meaningful summary of Southeast Missouri Food Bank’s goals, while expressing exactly what it is The Food Bank does. In addition to food distribution and services to 180 nonprofits, SEMO Food Bank has direct-service programs such as the Backpack for Fridays Program, Truck to Table Mobile Food Pantry, ABC (A Better Childhood) Pantry and more.
To Promote food recovery,
Acquire and Distribute Food and household products;
and Provide community leadership and Education on issues of hunger and poverty in an effort to Alleviate Hunger in the region.
Our strategic vision is to Feed (obtain more nutritious food),
Lead (engage community in ending hunger),
and Strengthen (build capacity to feed and lead).
Your Gift Makes a Big Impact
When you donate to Southeast Missouri Food Bank your gift has a big impact—every dollar you donate provides 4 meals to struggling Southeast Missouri families! As a leader in hunger relief we serve nearly 58,000 individuals every month and distribute more than 8 million pounds of food annually
We are proud to be recognized for excellence in the use of donated resources. One way we accomplish this is by keeping administrative costs low. For every $1.00 you donate, 96 cents goes directly to help feed our neighbors in need.
There are multiple ways to donate funds and join Southeast Missouri Food Bank in our fight against hunger:
- To make an on-line tax deductible donation, please click 'Donate Today'.
- To make a gift by mail, send your check payable to Southeast Missouri Food Bank to P.O. Box 190, Sikeston, MO 63801.
- To make a gift by phone call 1.855.703.FOOD (3663)
Another great way to donate and keep your money local is the purchase of tax credits. Southeast Missouri Food Bank currently offers two different types of tax credits.
- Missouri residents are eligible for the Missouri Food Pantry tax credit. There is no minimum donation for the Food Pantry tax credit but the maximum is $2,500.
- Missouri residents with business income are eligible for the Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) tax credits. The minimum donation for NAP tax credits is $1,000. Business owners can support Southeast Missouri Food Bank and its work to feed the needy while also receiving 50% or more of donations as Missouri tax credits in addition to a charitable tax deduction.
Click on the links below for more information.
MISSOURI TAX CREDIT PROGRAMS:
Missouri Food Pantry Tax Credit Program
Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) Tax Credits
- Southeast Missouri Food Bank will never sell, trade, or rent our supporters’ names.
- The Food Bank collects and uses donor information such as name, address, telephone number and email address only when it is voluntarily provided to us.
- Any donor’s request for anonymity will be honored.
- Any donor’s request to be removed from Southeast Missouri Food Bank’s mailing or email list will be honored.
If you have any questions or concerns about donor privacy, please contact Jennifer Wood, Chief Development Officer, at 1.855.703.FOOD (3663)